2023 Granville 4th of July Photography Contest and Exhibition
The Kiwanis Club of Granville is proud to host the 2023 (14th annual) Granville 4th of July Photography Contest and exhibition. The deadline to enter the contest is July 31. The awards and exhibition will be Sept. 8-10 at the Bryn Du Art Center.
Contest and Rules
Photographs must be original and taken this year in Granville, Ohio
- The contest is free to enter.
- The deadline to enter the contest is July 31st (midnight).
- Residents and Guests of Granville may participate.
- Amateur and professional photographs will be judged separately by the juror.
- Ribbons will be given for First, Second and Third Place in each category for both amateur and professional divisions. The First Place in each category will receive $25.
- A Best of Show $100 prize will also be awarded.
- Limit of two photographs may be submitted in each of the seven categories listed below.
- Judging Criteria: Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: Photographs that evoke an emotion or tell a story. Photographic technique, including composition, image quality, clarity, resolution, use of light, lines and perspective. Relevance to category. Originality/creativity.
- Submission instructions and awards reception information are listed below.
Entries will be accepted in the following seven categories:
- Granville Celebration
- Parade*/Independence Day
- Scenic Granville
- Black and white
*The 2023 Granville 4th of July parade theme is "Welcome Home!" in reference to the many GHS class reunions and family reunions that traditionally occur during the Granville 4th of July.
Award winners will be announced and awards presented at the Bryn Du Art Center during the Gallery Opening and Reception on Friday September 8, 2023 from 6-8:30 PM.
Photographs can be submitted by email, by mail or delivered in person.
REQUIRED INFORMATION: All entries must include the Experience level of the Photographer (Amateur or Professional), Name of Entrant, Address, Phone, Email, Age (if under 18), Category (select from 7 categories provided), (optional) Artist's statement about the Photo or how it was taken.
Exhibition and Opening Awards Reception
A formal public exhibition of the judged winning photographs will be on display at the Bryn Du Art Center and open to the public to view free of charge. The gallery will be open Friday Sept. 8 PM from 6-8:30 PM, Sat. Sept.9 from 11-1 PM, on Sun. and Sept. 10 from 2-5 PM.
During the exhibition, the public will vote for their favorite photograph and win a chance for local gift cards and prizes.
Sponsored in part by the Granville Arts Commission and Granville Kiwanis
Thanks to additional support from: