2017 July 4th Writing Contest
To commemorate the 2017 Parade theme, "Celebrating The American Dream,” and this year to support the Ohio Kiwanis' 2016-17 Service Focus on Literacy "Today's Reader's, Tomorrow's Leaders," the Kiwanis Club of Granville is proudly hosting its annual 4th of July writing contest. We are pleased to offer both essay and poetry contests.
Submit an original essay (500 word limit) about the subject "Celebrating The American Dream.”
Submit an original poem (500 word limit) about the subject "Celebrating The American Dream.”
All persons, All ages, Any hometown, including members of the Granville Kiwanis Club.
- Limit of one entry per contest. However, one person may enter both the poetry and essay contests.
- On a separate page attached to each entry, include with each entry the author's name, age, address, email and phone number.
- Entries will be judged based on topic relevance, writing skill, originality and creativity.
- Depending on the number of entries, we have separate contests for adult and youth categories.
- Winning entries may be published in The Granville Sentinel local newspaper, on the Granville Kiwanis website and/or exhibited at the pubic library or businesses in Granville.
Whit's Frozen Custard gift certificates
Reader's Garden Bookstore gift certificates
SUBMIT ENTREES BY EMAIL OR MAIL
Deadline for entry is August 31, 2017. Winners will be announced on November 13 at a Veteran's Day Program at the Granville Inn and in the Granville Sentinel.
Please include "Writing Contest Entry" in the subject line.
Granville Kiwanis Essay Contest
PO Box 133
Granville, OH 43023
*By entering the contest, all contestants are giving permission for their entries and names to be used in whole or part for publicity of this and future contests.
Writing contest sponsored by the Granville Kiwanis